An e-Invoice is a digital representation of a transaction between a supplier and a buyer. e-Invoice replaces paper or electronic documents such as invoices, credit notes, and debit notes.
An e-Invoice contains the same essential information as traditional document, for example, supplier’s and buyer’s details, item description, quantity, price excluding tax, tax, and total amount, which records transaction data for daily business operations.
e-Invoicing Ready - SQL Accounting Software
Get SQL Accounting Software now and enjoy exclusive promotions that will not only streamline your accounting processes but also ensure you meet the compliance deadline seamlessly.
Exclusive Promotions for Early Birds
SQL Accounting Software, renowned for its excellence in simplifying accounting processes, is offering three exclusive promotions to assist businesses in their transition to E-Invoice compliance:
Promo 1: Free SQL E-Invoice Module Worth RM 1000
For those who act swiftly, SQL Accounting is offering a free E-Invoice module worth RM 1000. This module will enable your business to seamlessly transition to the new E-Invoice compliance standards.
Promo 2: Get SQL at 50% Grant, Grab It Before Grants Run Out
Act now to secure SQL Accounting Software at a 50% grant, but hurry – this opportunity is limited and is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Don't miss out!
Promo 3: Free 1-to-1 SQL Consultation
In addition to the free module and the grant offer, SQL Accounting Software is providing free 1-to-1 consultation to help businesses get started and answer any questions they may have.
Why SQL Accounting Software?
SQL Accounting Software has been recognized as a leader in the industry, earning the following prestigious awards:
- Awarded - Best Accounting Software
- Awarded - Best Customer Service
With SQL Accounting Software, you not only get compliance but also a trusted partner for your accounting needs.
Act Now - Limited-Time Offers
Don't miss out on these limited-time offers that make E-Invoice compliance a breeze:
- Free RM 1000 SQL E-Invoice Module: Valid until 31st December 2023
- 50% Grant Approval Within 5 Days
- Available for Sole Proprietors
- Limited to the First 20,000 Companies
These offers are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Act quickly to secure your spot and ensure a smooth transition to E-Invoice compliance.
Benefits of e-Invoice
The implementation of e-Invoice not only provides seamless experience to taxpayers, but also improves business efficiency and increases tax compliance. Overall benefits include:
Unified invoicing process
Facilitated tax return filing
Enables Streamlining of operations
Digitalised financial reporting
Overview of e-Invoice
To facilitate transition to e-Invoice, taxpayers can select the most suitable mechanism to transmit e-Invoices to IRBM, based on their business requirements and specific situation.
There are two (2) options for the e-Invoice transmission mechanisms for taxpayers selection:
- MyInvois Portal
- A portal hosted by IRBM
- Accessible to all taxpayers at no cost
- Also accessible to taxpayers who need to issue e-Invoice where Application Programming Interface (API) connection is unavailable
- Application Programming Interface (API)
- An API is a set of programming code that enables direct data transmission between the taxpayers’ system and MyInvois system
- Requires upfront investment in technology and adjustments to taxpayers existing systems
- Ideal for large taxpayers or businesses with substantial transaction volumes
The figure below demonstrates an overview of the e-Invoice workflow from the point a sale is made or transaction is undertaken, and an e-Invoice is issued by the supplier via MyInvois Portal or API, up to the point of storing validated e-Invoices on IRBM’s database for taxpayers to view their respective historical e-Invoices.
eInvoice format : XML & JSON
Non eInvoice format :
How e-Invoice works ?
1. Issuance of e-Invoice
When a sale or transaction is made (including e-Invoice adjustments), the supplier creates an e-Invoice and shares it to IRBM via MyInvois Portal or API for validation
2. Validation of e-Invoice
IRBM validation is performed in real-time, ensuring that the e-Invoice meets the necessary standards and criteria.
Once validated, the supplier will receive a Unique Identifier Number from IRBM vis MyInvois Portal or API
3. Notification of Validated e-Invoice
IRBM will inform both the supplier and buyer once e-Invoice has been validated via MyInvois Portal or API
4. Sharing of e-Invoice
Upon validation, the supplier is obliged to share the cleared e-Invoice (embedded with a QR code) with the buyer.
The QR code can be used to validate the existence and status of the e-Invoice via MyInvois Portal.
5. Rejection or cancellation of e-Invoice
Upon issuance of e-Invoice, a stipulated period of time is given to :
- Buyer to request for rejection of the e-Invoice
Rejection request or cancellation must be accompanied by justifications.
6. MyInvois Portal
Supplier and buyer will be able to obtain a summary of the e-Invoice transactions via MyInvois Portal.
The figure below demonstrates an overview of the e-Invoice workflow from the point a sale is made or transaction undertaken, and an e-Invoice is issued by the supplier via MyInvois Portal or API, up to the point of storing cleared e-Invoices on LHDNM’s database for taxpayers to view their respective historical e-Invoices.
e-Invoice Implementation Timeline
e-Invoice will be implemented in phases to ensure smooth transition. The roll-out of e-Invoice has been planned with careful consideration, taking into account the turnover or revenue thresholds, providing businesses with sufficient time to adapt. Below is the e-Invoice implementation timeline:
Taxpayers with an annual turnover or revenue of more than RM100 million
1 August 2024
Taxpayers with an annual turnover or revenue of more than RM25 million and up to RM100 million
1 January 2025
1 July 2025
- Download e-Invoice Guideline Version 2.1 (published on 28 October 2023)
- Download e-Invoice Specific Guideline Version 1.1 (published on 28 October 2023)
- Download e-Invoice Catalogue (published on 12 October 2023)
- Click here for Garis Panduan Umum e-Invois (Versi 2.0) Dan Garis Panduan Spesifik e-Invois (Versi 1.0) Kini Boleh Diakses Di Portal HASiL
- Click here for Garis Panduan Umum e-Invois Tahun 2023 Kini Boleh Diakses Mulai 21 Julai 2023
- Click here for Sesi Libat Urus Pelaksanaan e-Invois Lembaga Hasil Dalam Negeri Malaysia (HASiL) Diperkasa Di Zon Sabah
- Click here for Sesi Libat Urus Pelaksanaan e-Invois Lembaga Hasil Dalam Negeri Malaysia (HASiL) Diteruskan Ke Zon Sarawak
- Click here for Pelaksanaan e-Invois Terus Diperkasa Oleh Lembaga Hasil Dalam Negeri Malaysia (HASiL) Bersama Dengan Pengamal Percukaian, Badan Profesional Dan Media Zon Utara
- Click here for Jalinan Kerjasama Lembaga Hasil Dalam Negeri Malaysia (HASiL) Bersama Dengan Media Dan Pemain Industri Perkukuh Pelaksanaan e-Invois
- Click here for MDEC Memeterai Memorandum Persefahaman (MOU) Dengan Hasil Bekerjasama Laksana Inisiatif e-Invois Kebangsaan
For any feedbacks or enquiries on e-Invoice, kindly email [email protected]